Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lucille


Lucille was a dimestore girl.
She wore plastic baubles and pearls.
Somehow it just fit her personality.
My mother once told me that there were two types of women.
There were dimestore girls and
well, there were not dimestore girls.
This fascinated me ; thus my aspiration began.
I wanted to be just like Lucille.
I guess the sleek, colorful substance of plastic must run through my veins.
My diet is lacking in nutritious gems so
I sustain myself with faux and imitation.
"Rhinestones before noon", I always say.
I believe Lucille said that as well.
For I too am a dimestore girl.Isn't imitation the greatest form of flattery?

2 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

That is a great poem! Really love your new jewelry pieces, Mary Beth. They tell such wonderful stories.

kms handmade said...

Very pretty! I really like how you photograph them. Your jewelry is now a work of art... inside a work of art! :)