Thursday, February 7, 2008

On The Way To Montepulciano


On The Way To
Montepulciano
Day 1
(unfinished)
20x24
acrylic on canvas
With olive trees, vineyards, and cypress this painting will have everything a Tuscan landscape can offer.
Today I just scrubbed color on to get my bearings. There is a lot going on in this landscape.
I realized something today when I was writing a friend about one of her paintings. The first four letters of painting; you cannot have painting without pain.
This little play on words has become a very real thing for me as of late. I have developed arthritis in my elbow and I am very worried about this.
This getting old thing is really getting old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I think this one is going to be my favorite! Lurking Lisa

88heather said...

Looks good MB!!

sorry about the sore elbow.. i bet when you slow down on the painting.. you'll feel better.. you've been a painting machine lately!