Wednesday, January 21, 2009

When I am grown

Her sister asked her to watch her son for the afternoon.
She never minded taking care of her nephew. She had no children of her own and this was not only a chance to be the good aunt, but secretly practice being a mom.
He was nine and seemed so much older for his age. It was difficult not to view him as just a minature sized adult.
So impressed by the way the boy carried himself, she began to express all the possibilities that lay at his fingertips. "You are such a big boy, you are so smart, and you can be anything you want to be when you grow up. What do you think you'd like to be?" she asked.
The boy carefully considered his response, scrunched up his face and said, " Well, in that case, I think I'd like to be a tree."

2 comments:

kms handmade said...

That's a different style for you. I like it a lot! Was it hard to resist putting tons of colors on the canvas? :) I haven't posted in awhile, but I've been keeping up with your paintings and writings and enjoyed them all. You're so amazing!

Thorngren said...

It's actually a photograph that I took near where we lived in Germany.
Thanks!