Thursday, August 23, 2007

today




This is day one with about 4 hours worth of work. Tomorrow I will fix the right side of the blue vase because it looks flat. The plate needs more work especially at the bottom. I borrowed it from Katherine. She got it in Deruda, Italy. The same pattern as the oil bottle I painted a while ago.
I found that blue vase at a thrift store in Lewisville,Texas about 15 years years ago. It has shown up in a number of my paintings throughout the years. Funny the stuff you hold on to...
The background needs more umph! That is actually is a pashmina that I got in Pisa (say that 3 times fast) I will add more golden , so it doesn't look like baby poopa. Really, that is actually the color. It looks better on than a backdrop.
I love the baby peppers. They are no bigger than my fist. I have no idea what they taste like.
I will let you know after the painting is finished.

No comments: