Thursday, November 8, 2007

From The Inside



I believe you can tell a lot about a person by looking through their home. Collectively, you can tell a lot about an entire community by perusing the realty pages on the internet. Looking at the photos that people choose when advertising their home on the market just fascinates me; their taste in furniture or lack thereof.

I often find a house I like and imagine how much better it would look with my furniture and my paintings on the wall.

It's amusing to me the certain rooms they choose noteworthy. Here's a picture of our teenager's unkept room. Please buy our house.

Some exclude photos of the inside altogether, but emphasize a large backyard or 2 car garage. This tactic only leaves you wondering how bad the inside could possibly be.
The following description of this house has me wanting to pack up and move to Yellow Springs, Ohio right away. "It has a wood burning fireplace in the living room with large windows overlooking a front yard with a beautiful mimosa tree that blooms every spring and it's known by many villagers for its outstanding flowers. Down the hall is an office that has windows that look out into the flowering tree also. "

This was all that was written and there weren't any pictures.

With that lovely description, it doesn't need any. I would own that house in an instant for that kind of notoriety.

I guess it's hard to judge a house from the outside. It's really what's on the inside that counts. Or is it what you 'see' from the inside that counts? This whole concept has me curious...........

No comments: