Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pause




Dove
16 x 20
acrylic collage
on paper

Seven years ago today what I was doing that morning seemed terribly insignificant.
Suddenly, my usual tasks became unusual and I was overcome with the feeling of uselessness.
I know we will never forget what we were doing and where we were on that particular day.
I saw it unfold on a small black and white television in my studio when I lived in Corpus Christi, Texas.
I remember thinking how it looked like a scene from an old movie, like King Kong. It just didn't seem real.
Every year since then the weather has been nice on this day. There has always been a crispness in the air that makes it easier to pause, even when I lived in Germany.
Take time today wherever you are to breathe in the crisp air, pause, and remember those who were loved and those who have lost the most.