Saturday, July 14, 2007

yesterday


We went to the Hamburg Fish Market last night ,which was held in downtown Stuttgart. Every Friday we have date night. There are certain conditions to date night, one being that you have to get ready just like it was your first date. You can't just wear what you took a nap in that afternoon. Our friends, the few we have don't bother asking us to do things on date night, which is always on a Friday-or come to think of it- they don't bother asking us to do anything on a Saturday night either-oh well. Although, tonight we have been invited to dinner at our German neighbor's house . In a way, I am looking forward to it , because I have come to the realization that it doesn't matter that I don't speak the language.There are only a select few people that I know that can hold an interesting conversation in my own language. I can sit at the table perfectly content entertaining myself in my own mind. I consider it a gift-my imagination. I had an imaginary friend named Koolie growing up. Thinking back on the times we spent together inside my closet -well, those were some special times indeed.

No comments: